- Take in the Mediterranean Sea at Rovinj: enjoy October’s sunshine on café’s terraces, smell the pine trees along the coast, eat grilled fishes and octopuses and let the kids run in the little colorful streets of the historical city.
- Go for a bike safari and look for the zebras, ostriches and many does living in Brijuni, legendary island of Tito.
- Explore medieval villages (Motovun, Groznjan), perched on top of the hills, discover all their hidden gems, Venitian frescos and Glagolitic tablets, and admire the landscape putting on its fall coat.
- Stock up on white truffles (and other related produce) at the truffle festival, with events taking place each week-end of October between the villages of Livade and Buzet.
- Taste the Croatian’s hospitality in Montizel-Monticello and try a traditional diner (truffle pastas are to die for) prepared by the Pincin family in their house lost in the middle of the vineyards.
For a perfect couple’s getaway, book one of the 4 rooms of the pretty boutique hotel Meneghetti: luxe and peaceful.