- Visit the Air Museum : stroll among World War II aircraft, listen to the fantastic stories of volunteer veterans, get into military helicopters and, a little better, understand history.
- Trekking in the Indian Canyons: get lost in the rocky trails between waterfalls and lush oases, enjoy incredible views of the desert and find some coolness in the shade of the palm trees.
- Meet the desert animals at Living Desert : discover more than 150 animal species such as the Mexican wolf, lynx or sand cat, take advantage of the small zebra carioles to walk the lazy children (my own for example) and adore the cactus fields.
- Live like a 1950s movie: rent a modern mid-century house on Airbnb, play Frank Sinatra and Elizabeth Taylor by the pool, organize barbecues and find the pink door by walking around the city on a scooter.
- Have fun in incredible hotels: play bingo at the trendy Ace Hotel, Mexican bruncher at the colorful Saguaro or dive into the pool of super-chic Parker.
I’m a fan of this old-fashioned city where the weather is fine all year round. You can also take the Aerial Tramway to climb to the top of Mount San Jacinto, get lost (a little) in the Outlet in Cabazon or visit dinosaures XXL…